Alchemy operates out of a private state of the art, boutique recording studio in midtown Manhattan, with satellite studios in NJ, one of which has a Yamaha C3 grand piano.
Between them, Matt Anthony & Kathy Sommer are accomplished and stylistically diverse musicians, arrangers and producers, and Matt’s engineering and mixing skills take Alchemy’s productions to the highest level.
Alchemy is currently offering 3 production packages:
10 hours of studio time: A streamlined way to create demos for pitching, experiment with material or explore creating a new sound.
MASTERS: PACKAGE 1 “All In Rate”:
20 hours of studio time: Includes track & vocal arranging, keyboards & drum programming, live guitars, bass, piano when needed, and mixing.
Additional musicians/live instruments paid for separately.
Access to the top studio musicians in NYC & surrounding areas
Additional time may be added at the hourly rate.
MASTERS: PACKAGE 2 “By The Hour”:
Work at the hourly studio/production rate. This is a great way for young or budget conscious artists to start developing a sound or trying out a song. If the total time reaches 20 hours, the artist can then feel free to switch over to the discounted package rate.
Call or email for pricing details on all packages.
Matt & Kathy combine their superior production skills and chemistry as a team, along with the myriad of individual skills and talents they each possess, to create cutting edge productions, while staying true to the song and the artist’s individual voice.
Alchemy can help artists to:
• refine their songs
• develop a unique sound
• build a team
• connect to the creative community & music industry at large
• access top level studio musicians in NYC & surrounding areas
• aide in the shopping of the final product
• connect artist to videographers, social media & PR experts
Alchemy is available for individual consults or co-writes, bringing Kathy’s skills as a GRAMMY nominated songwriter, and Matt’s indie band creds to the writing process.
Their goal is to help songwriters and artists elevate their material to the highest level prior to production.
- Microphones include: Telefunken ELA M251E, Peluso modified U67 and 251, Blue modified Cactus, Nuemann tlm103, microtech Gefell m300
- Monitors include Genelec 8351s, Genelec 1040As, Yamaha NS10m, KRK v8s, Avantone cubes, Tannoy
- Instruments include: Yamaha C3 6 foot grand piano (NJ location), Gibson custom shop electric and acoustic guitars, Fender custom shop guitars and basses, Martin HD28VE, Moog Minimoog 1973, Hohner Pianet T, Custom Anthony amplifiers and effects, Nord, NI and Yamaha controllers
- Outboard processing includes BAE Neve 1084, Neve master bus processor, Avalon 737SP modded,API mic pres, lexicon reverbs lynx converters, custom LA2A modded compressor/limiter, custom Anthony SSL/API C2 modded bus compresser
- DAWs include Avid Protools HD, Logic, Ableton Live
- Plugins and Sound Libraries include all major plugin and sound libraries from Slate, Waves, NI, Soundtoys, Roland, Altiverb,Toontrack, Spectrasonics and many more…